Sunday 7 March 2010

Teen smoking


As we have looked at smoking in an earlier session on the module . I thought I would go back to it and explore why we smoke . Most smokers and now ex smokers said they started young ,to look more grown up or due to peer pressure. Statistics suggest that the younger you are when you start the less chance there is that you will give up at all. As smoking has become an increasingly hard sport to play these days , it is shocking to discover that on average 450 young people a day take it up . While following other student blogs I have found everyone has stated they started smoking young . Wouldn't the Government be better off tackling teen smoking instead of trying to make smoking hard work for the adults.

1 comment:

  1. You know what? You're absolutely right.... The government should be looking at youngster/teenage smoking instead of being a pain in the backside for adults, who by the way have earned the right do to themselves as they darn well please. (As long as it's not harming anyone else, naturally!) I'm not a smoker or though I have been known to pinch the odd quick drag on rare occasions, and when I say the odd drag, I do actually mean the odd drag... I can't say that I overly enjoy walking up the street and getting a face full of some strangers smoke or finding butt ends on the floor whilst waiting for the bus, but maybe if they had been taught in school about the dangers and expense of smoking then maybe just maybe there would be less unwanted smoke in the air, and less cigarette butts on the floor... just saying.

    ReplyDelete