Tuesday 20 April 2010

Rudeness



I would put rudeness in the being bad category , as I find rudeness very irritating.As a English women I pride myself on my manners but find unfortunately they are a dieing fashion . I don't drive so I catch the bus to uni and I find the cue jumping and pushing appalling . I find that no one stands for the elderly anymore and your hard pushed to find someone giving a women a hand with her push chair . What has happened in society today to push the value of manners so far back as a priority. I find this has become a pet hate of mine.Do we think that because others don't use manners we won't bother I wonder.
http://www.thecheers.org/Entertainment/article_2222_English-Politeness-and-Manners.html

1 comment:

  1. I 100% agree with this blog and i hadnt even thought to put it in as being bad but it quite clearly is... I always find on trams or trains or in fact anything that people will quite happily sit around and watch heavily pregnant women and elderly people struggle to stand than to get up and stand themselves. It really gets to me groups of kids messing around on buses etc when other people are struggling to stand stilland keep their balance. I dont just say this because of what ive seen but a friend of mine was 8 months pregnant and quite clearly so on a train to london from wolverhampton and NOBODY would move for her she ended up spending the whole journey camped out on the floor...So good topic of choice im not the only one who thinks manners have gone out the window...

    ReplyDelete