Thursday 1 April 2010

taboo tatoos


http://www.bizarremag.com/
While trying to find some thing to write about for the blog on tattoos I came across an article in a magazine called bizarre that featured a story on a tattoo artist who was so sick of tattoos that had become mainstream , he started inking people with all sorts of controversial art. It is interesting to see how far tattoos have come over the years , only 20 years ago it was a very different story. I remember when women where judged for having tattoos and how certain tattoos meant different things . I remember men who had gone to prison had borstal spots and women had rose tattoos on their breasts where deemed easy. Thankfully things have changed a lot over the years and anyone can express them self the way they want . Tattoos have became big business as well with the help of celebs and tattoo documentaries like London ink . I myself love tats I see them as self expression , but I wonder if I'd have felt so strongly 20 years ago .


No comments:

Post a Comment